Pages

This is our family blog to keep you updated on our daily adventures with the kids!

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Jenna

Every year the 5th graders from Luna Elementary go on a 3 day retreat.  This year they are attending Pine Cove Camp (www.pinecove.com) in Tyler, Texas.  

At the beginning of the year, I volunteered to help with 5th grade fundraising.  At the first meeting I met Amanda who's daughter, Kailynn, is in 5th grade, too.  I didn't think that volunteering would bring me such a dear friend.  We worked so very hard all year long to raise funds for the bus and to award scholarships for a few deserving students.  Our hard work paid off and the 5th graders were sent off in style on a double-decker bus.  Thanks, Amanda!  I think we make a great team and am sad that our year is coming to an end.  I'm going to miss our Friday trips to Sam's, the talking and crazy candy sales!  

Jenna will be posting her very 1st blog about camp when she returns.  I miss her already but I know she and her classmates are going to have a wonderful time.  


Jenna boarding the bus.

The bus leaving for camp.

Jenna arriving at camp.


No comments:

Post a Comment